P.E.D.A.L. 100 days to Palestine
PEDAL- 100 days to Palestine
PEDAL is a self-organised collective who cycled from the UK to Palestine in 2011.
Beginning their journey in London in March 2011 the group visited communities fighting for social and environmental justice in Europe and the Middle East. Whilst listening and learning from the skills, stories and strategies of resistance in each community, PEDAL aimed to map different counter-cultures from the UK to Palestine.
Using popular education methods, PEDAL asked the questions:
– What are the links between different struggles?
– How do we build stronger social movements?
PEDAL had three specific aims
1. To share stories of struggle between communities and celebrate the arts and cultures of resistance in different places.
2. To promote the Boycotts, Divestments and Sanctions campaign against corporations and institutions that profit from the Israeli occupation, as called for by Palestinian civil society in 2005.
How you can get involved
PEDAL will be returning to the UK in November 2011. Please contact pedal[at]100daystopalestine.org if you would like more information about any of the following:
– the model of the project (cycling between communities)
– the issues covered (e.g food autonomy or Palestinian solidarity)
We are currently working on a fuller length video (expected January 2011) and will be holding events around the UK in February 2012. To organise a speaker and/or video event in your community, please email pedal[at]100daystopalestine.org